Alana Levandoski is a singer, songwriter, and author who discovered that life as a professional recording artist left her unhappy and unfulfilled. Feeling “betrayed by music,” Alana left that world behind and embarked on a musical pilgrimage to heal and to rediscover herself, writing a book and an album called I Am a Sparrow about that journey.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Alana shares the title track from I am a Sparrow, and talks about basing her identity on the expectations of others, how she coped with the pressure of being a star, her road trip to “fall back in love with music,” and the power of old stories for healing.
- Alana’s website
- Alana Levandoski on Facebook
- Alana Levandoski on Twitter
- Recording Roots documentary
- Allerleirauh (Brothers Grimm)
- Allerleirauh/Donkeyskin annotated (SurLaLune)
- Allerleirauh synopsis (Wikipedia)
- Iron John (Brothers Grimm)
- Iron John synopsis (Wikipedia)
- Iron John: A Book About Men (Robert Bly)