Bernie Glassman is well-known throughout the world as a pioneer in socially-engaged Buddhism and founder of the Zen Peacemakers. He also co-wrote a book called The Dude and the Zen Master with academy-award winning actor Jeff Bridges.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Bernie discusses the role of social engagement in Zen, holding opinions rather than truths, the impact of street retreats in New York City, healing work at Auschwitz, Rwanda, and Israel, and his relationship with Jeff Bridges.
- The Dude and the Zen Master
- The Hazy Moon of Enlightenment
- Infinite Circle: Teachings in Zen
- On Zen Practice: Body, Breath, and Mind
- Bearing Witness: A Zen Master’s Lessons in Making Peace
- Instructions to the Cook: A Zen Master’s Lessons in Living a Life That Matters