Marinus Koning is a retired brain surgeon who is now doing some amazing healing work with children in Ethiopia through the non-profit he founded called “Reach Another Foundation.”
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Marinus shares some fascinating stories, including:
- the impact that his mother’s sacrifice for hungry children during World War II has had on the course of his life,
- the deeply learned lesson that “if it’s not helping others, it’s not worth doing,”
- his unique reflections on authenticity that come from having a twin brother,
- how he was “accidentally” introduced to mysticism as a teen,
- his experience that the art of living is learning how to recognize and appreciate key moments, and
- what he learned from drawing blood from a dying man, Ubuntu, inking circles on newspaper, and Winnie the Pooh.