Eric Plantenberg focuses on enriching the lives of others through his own multi-faceted life. Eric is the co-founder of Freedom Personal Development, has created a retreat called Abundant Living, and is now the “Core Values Ambassador” of Kombucha Mama. And — by the way — he’s also done significant humanitarian work around the world, summitted Mt. Everest from the north, taken a three-year travelling honeymoon with his wife Michelle, and completed the IronMan Triathlon four times.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Eric shares compelling stories and profound reflections from his life journey so far, including:
- what he learned from a river guide about focusing his energy outward,
- how embracing his job as a dog treat salesman opened unexpected doors,
- about starting a long-running business with his friend, by pooling cash in a shoebox,
- how a professor panned his business plan and advised him to “just go get a job,”
- the importance and interplay of passion and authenticity in pursing goals,
- giving yourself permission to live the life that you really want, and what that’s looked like in practice for his own family,
- honoring intuition and internal wisdom when considering big life transitions,
- the profound value of “starting with why,”
- the difference between authenticity and positivity,
- lessons about passion and persistence learned from climbing Mt. Everest, and
- how pursuing authenticity requires effort and intentionality.