Diane Allen has been a professional violinist for decades, and is now drawing on her experience in the music world to empower women to become more confident communicators.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Diane shares stories about how her music career has intertwined with her personal journey, including:
- the perseverance and hard work needed to make it as a musician, and that talent didn’t come easy,
- insights that she’s gained and shared as a music teacher,
- how getting involved in Toastmasters brought new skills and fresh enthusiasm into her life,
- learning to stretch her business in new ways, and to grow in new directions,
- the value of coaching to serve as an external mirror for personal insight,
- being aware of energetic pulls, waking up early, and excitement for projects,
- how she wants to leverage her experience to be of service in the world.
Links from the Show
- Eloquent Expression website
- Exude Confidence Naturally When Speaking In Public: Tips From A New York City Trained Violinist, by Diane Allen
- Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell
- Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg
Diane is also extending an offer for some free coaching to A Congruent Life listeners: just contact Diane, and let her know you found her on A Congruent Life!
Pingback: A Congruent Life – Inspirational Stories of Authenticity and Reinvention « Eloquent Expression LLC – Turn Your Speaking Voice Into Your Greatest Asset