Victor Saad decided to take his education into his own hands and handcraft a unique personal educational experience called the “Leap Year Project.” He is now crystallizing his vision for reinventing education by building a new school called the Experience Institute.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Victor discusses his thoughts about customized experiential education, including:
- his personal journey that led him to rethink pursuing a traditional MBA program,
- developing a personal “Leap Year Project” that valued experience and connection over content,
- lessons learned from selecting experiences, financing the project, and asking for help,
- inspiring thoughts about what he values “if I started a school…”
- lessons learned, and a compelling vision for an alternative educational approach called the Experience Institute,
- how authenticity and individuality plays into reinvention.
Links from the Show
- The Leap Year Project book (Amazon)
- The Leap Year Project website
- “If I Started a School…” – Victor Saad at TEDxUofIChicago (YouTube)
- Experience Institute
- Victor’s website