Ken Streater is an entrepreneur, adventure guide, and writer who recently wrote a book called The Gift of Courage, sharing inspiring stories of courage and passion.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Ken shares interesting stories and great insights, including:
- coming to learn that his love of the outdoors could actually be an expression of service,
- why experiences of common purpose can be effective in building community,
- how strapping on a life jacket each day became an important symbol for his team,
- why honoring the bottom line is an important element in doing good,
- how he unconsciously drifted away from his own authenticity, and how he discovered this,
- an uncomfortable period of his life that helped him crystallize his sense of purpose,
- why he embarked on his book project, and some of the important lessons he’s learned from others while writing it.
- The Gift of Courage on Amazon.com
- The Gift of Courage website
- Kelley Kalafatich: “Living with Courage” (TEDx talk)
- The Courage Compass
- ACL 024: Eric Plantenberg
- Evening of Empowerment
TranscriptTranscript for ACL 028: Ken Streater
A Congruent Life is honored to be a sponsor of Evening of Empowerment; I hope that you’ll be able to attend this compelling event in Bend, Oregon on November 5, or in other locations in early 2014.