Lydia Smith walked the Camino de Santiago at a pivotal time in her life, and felt called to create a documentary film called Walking the Camino in order to inspire people to follow their own path of discovery and transformation.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Lydia shares about:
- deciding to walk the Camino de Santiago during a crossroads in her life,
- her insight that everyone has their own pilgrimage to take, and that the “real Camino” starts at home,
- taking a leap outside her comfort zone to direct her first feature-length film,
- inspiration from the people that she chose to feature in the documentary,
- persistence to stick with the multi-year film project, from filming to production to now promoting and sharing it,
- dealing with the illusion that aligned work will be easy,
- the importance of self-care,
- letting go of judgement, and realizing that she was capable of so much more than she thought.
Links from the Show
- Walking the Camino website
- The Camino Documentary on Facebook
- @CaminoDoc on Twitter
- Kurt Koontz: A Million Steps