Justin Cooke reinvented his own life in a way that basically amounted to convincing his boss to fire him, and then moving both his personal and professional life halfway around the world to the Philippines. He now is a partner in a successful business called Empire Flippers.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Justin shares his perspectives about the role of authenticity in business, including:
- taking a risk to jump from his comfortable job in order to move to the Philippines,
- questioning the wisdom he received about missing opportunities by being away from the United States,
- leaning into his desire to explore and see the world,
- the responsibility that he felt to his team as a business owner when times got tough,
- seeing a business partnership as similar to a marriage, and the better decisions that can come as a result,
- the challenge of going through “the dip,”
- the congruence between business and personal relationships, and how personal integrity has a tangible business impact,
- discovering that the most resonant creativity comes on the edge of discomfort.
Links from the Show
- Empire Flippers website
- Empire Flippers podcast
- Justin Cooke on Twitter
- Seth Godin: The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick)
Justin is offering the A Congruent Life community a free copy of Justin and Joe Magnotti’s e-book, Building a Niche Site Empire – thanks Justin!