John Bardos and his wife sold or gave away all their possessions in order to live a nomadic travelling lifestyle focused on contribution and connection.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode of A Congruent Life, John shares about:
- gradually questioning common lifestyle beliefs in his own life,
- how a “short trip” to Japan ended up lasting 13 years,
- creating a clear intention with his wife, and setting a one-year plan to accomplish it,
- his strong focus on contribution and connection in his travels,
- the perspective he has gained on abundance, lack, and simplification,
- the self-imposed stress that we create by worrying about money,
- how awareness of the balance between giving and taking has made him more conscious of his environmental footprint,
- discovering ways to be of service even without particular expertise in a given area, and
- reducing suffering by being present in the moment.
Links from the Show
- Jet Set Citizen – John’s website
- The Human, Earth Project
John recently shared a guest post on A Congruent Life: A Story of Human Trafficking. Learn more about The Human, Earth Project on documentary filmmaker Ben Randall’s website.
Thanks for the opportunity Andy!