Julie Harris is a former athlete and executive who found herself confronted with a chilling diagnosis from which she was not expected to live long. Telling her doctor, “I really don’t accept this,” Julie set out on an inspiring journey of self-discovery and healing to move beyond cancer, and now invests her energy helping others as a wellness coach.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Julie shares stories and reflections from her athletic, professional, and health experiences, including:
- key life lessons that she learned from pushing herself athletically,
- learning, forgetting, and relearning to pay attention to what her body was telling her,
- the fine line between pushing oneself to excel and ignoring warning signs,
- the importance of family-like support structures in both team and individual situations,
- the balance between the power to create, and the power to “un-create,”
- her intuition about what she needed to do in order to heal herself,
- how her health challenges organically provided clarity about the work that she next wanted to do.
Julie is generously offering a free 30-minute coaching session in January 2014 to A Congruent Life listeners. Email Julie directly if you’d like to take advantage of this – thanks, Julie!