Mike Hrostoski had his world rocked when his mother died unexpectedly. He left his traditional corporate career and took a year off to focus on doing things that brought him joy: spending time with his brother and travelling around the United States doing volunteer work. He now spends his energy coaching high-performing men.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Mike shares the shift in his life’s direction, what he now values most, and how he helps men live more congruent lives, including:
- how he started receiving inspiration from various sources about how his life could be different,
- how his mother’s death galvanized his reinvention,
- the importance of showing up fully,
- taking risks of trying something new, and dealing with the fear that comes with that,
- the similarities between love and business,
- the core values of integrity, growth, and emotional intimacy,
- authenticity as speaking your truth, including asking for what you want and being willing to say no,
- taking personal responsibility for life’s direction and happiness.