Emilie Cortes discovered that outdoor physical challenge provided an unexpected boost in her own self-confidence, and a balance to the stress of her high-powered career in the Bay Area. She ended up leaving her finance job to empower other women by leading them on outdoor adventure trips.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Emilie shares stories about:
- being very successful in her career, “but not feeding my soul,”
- the unexpected lesson she learned from hiking Half Dome: “nothing at the office is going to seem scary any more.”
- how a physical injury created an extended opportunity for reevaluation of her life,
- the value of a coach in developing clarity, and in catalyzing change,
- the challenge – and benefit – of being willing to ask for help,
- the restorative impact of being disconnected and immersing oneself in the natural world,
- surprising herself with the power of visualization, even at a subconscious level, and
- sharing the wisdom she’s learned about breaking down boundaries and not holding ourselves back.
Links from the Show
- Call of the Wild: Adventure Travel for Women website
- Call of the Wild on Facebook
- Gregg Swanson
- Emilie Cortes website
Emilie is offering a 10% discount on Call of the Wild’s Everest Base Camp trip for listeners that sign up before August 1; just mention A Congruent Life in the comments field when registering. And follow Call of the Wild on Facebook to learn about free local outings in Central Oregon.