Wondering what he could do to help disaster-impacted people in Haiti, Andrew Newman started asking others on the street for poems to share. Little did he know at the time that “poemcatching” would take him around the world and result in several anthologies of collected poems.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Andrew shares pieces of his story, including:
- how he was motivated to start poemcatching,
- veering away from several generations of a family-owned business,
- discovering that he was, in fact, a creative person, and what that means for all of us,
- advice for tapping into our creativity and “unfolding” our own creative visions,
- the impact that men’s work and spiritual questing has had on his personal journey,
- embracing mission as a larger framework for life beyond goals and tasks.
Links from the Show
- Poemcatcher website – please submit your own poem here!
- Quake – Built from Nothing
- FUNGUS Poems
- SALTY Poems from the Sea
- Royal Wedding Poems
- Haunted Halloween Poetry
- BALLS from The Queue
- Fantastic Fireworks
Andrew’s children’s books:
- The Fish Who Nearly Drowned in His Search for Water
- The Bee Who Could Not Choose His Flower
- A Little Light
- The Tree of Goodness