Dianne Bischoff James found herself challenged by a “midlife reboot” in confronting the truth that she had built a life that she wasn’t truly proud of. She chronicles her journey of reinvention and distills the practical lessons she learned in a book titled The Real Brass Ring: Change Your Life Course Now.
In this episode of A Congruent Life, Dianne shares about:
- realizing that she felt like a liar when describing herself inauthentically,
- coming to grips with fear, and learning to turn it into an asset,
- coping with fear of rejection, isolation from her tribe, and pushing through to acceptance,
- “logical mysticism” and distilling her learning into rules for happy living,
- a reminder that “someone’s got to do the laundry,”
- living out the principle that we ultimately have the choice to create the lives we want.